Ayie Licsi (The Philippine Star) – July 2, 2021 – 00:00
MANILA, Philippines – As we spend more time at home, some of us are choosing new (and old) hobbies to keep our hands busy and productive during a pandemic. One of them is embarking on DIY projects, which gives us the freedom to give the house a makeover. With these projects comes the need for materials, tools and furniture.
Being in the midst of a pandemic, however, going to the stores has its challenges. Queues at the checkout are longer due to physical distancing, and establishments limit the number of people allowed inside. In addition, public transport is limited. Thank goodness for shopping online.
Even before the lockdown began, AllHome provided customers with other ways to shop for their home and hardware needs. The Single Window has strengthened its digital platforms, adapting to changes very early on.
Here are the four channels where you can get your renovation needs from AllHome without leaving the comfort of your home.
1. Log in to allhome.com.ph.
The AllHome e-commerce site is the mecca for all your household needs. Search for appliances, building materials, tiles, furniture, gadgets, housewares, sanitary ware, and more on your laptop or phone.
The site also offers tips and inspiration to help you come up with ideas on how to spruce up your space.
2. Take advantage of their Shop4You personal shopping service via Viber.
AllHome has introduced more ways to shop with the Shop4You personal shopping service and its Viber communities.
Chat with your own AllHome Personal Shopper via Viber for your orders.
3. Buy through apps and online marketplaces.
You can also buy AllHome products from online marketplaces that you may have already installed on your phone, such as Shopee, Lazada, AllDay, and PayMaya Mall.
This way, you don’t need to create a different account to shop. You can also get your home needs in a flash by purchasing them through Pickaroo, GrabMart, and MetroMart on-demand delivery services.
4. Shop virtually with AllHome 360 °.
To further improve the online experience, AllHome 360 ° has been introduced. Through this 360 degree virtual walkthrough, you can browse AllHome stores and choose items.
Click-and-collect counters serve as express routes to pick up online orders placed via the Web or Shop4You. There is also a tangible QR code push by frontliners for walk-in customers.
Other ways to place your orders, new normal style
Along with these online shopping methods, AllHome has also strengthened its in-store e-commerce presence. For those who want to see their products before taking them home, there are services available like the following:
- Click and collect counters: An express way where you can pick up your orders online / shop4you.
- Park and shop: Those with cars can opt for curbside or Park and Shop pickup. The Park and Shop concept allows customers to park quickly and collect the things they need from the store without having to get out. With direct access to parking spaces, this concept reduces the time spent inside shopping centers for consumers.
- Self-service payment: AllHome self-service kiosks serve customers who prefer less contact when shopping. This reduces interactions between you and cashiers and other staff. A relatively new feature, AllHome still provides trained staff to help you navigate the self-checkout process.
Renovation or improvements to your home shouldn’t stop because of the pandemic. This is actually the best time to do these projects since you are at home most of the time.
Soon, customers will be able to enjoy a whole new shopping experience by switching to a progressive web application interface.
A first for the Philippine domestic industry, this allows for a smoother navigation and transaction experience on both desktop and mobile.
Find all the essentials of the house on the various e-commerce platforms of AllHome.
For more information visit www.allhome.com.ph.